Director of Federal Funds
Responsible for ensuring the school’s federal funds are spent and managed according to all state and federal laws. Developing strategic activities to involve administrators, teachers, parents, and staff through the management of grants to ensure compliance of and aide ECOT in achieving the CCIP goals. Direct special projects for the superintendent and/or executive staff to include preparing for state and federal audits, preparing and monitoring budgets, monitoring the use of federal funds to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, responsible for documenting progress regarding goals, strategies, and action steps for the CCIP, OIP, and RttT in the state systems of monitoring (entry in).
- Budgets and manages federal grants with the Federal Programs Committee.
- Develops and manages ECOT’s federal grant’s programs in conjunction with the appropriate staff.
- Prepares for and attends all Federal Funds meetings.
- Participates in planning all professional development activities with the ECOT PD committee and Associate Superintendent, as well as Assistant Superintendents to ensure that high quality PD is provided based on teacher and staff needs as well as in accordance with all appropriate laws.
- Collaborate in planning and arranging contracts and facilities with all professional development activities that are paid for with Title funds and ensures execution with principals and other Directors responsible for providing PD opportunities.
- Researches and keeps abreast of federal and state laws and regulations (i.e., Title, Elementary and Secondary Education Act, and No Child Left Behind, HB 364, etc.), and disseminates information to appropriate parties.
- Leads compliance initiatives to meet fiscal and legal obligations of grants, ECOT CCIP and federal and state laws.
- Creates reports for auditors; management; board of directors; and federal, state and local representatives. Ensures all necessary paperwork is prepared and ready for audits.
- Represents ECOT at state and federal grant meetings and conferences.
- Assists in developing budgets and goals for all grant programs, assigns activities associated with funding, manages the cash flow, and reconciles actual spending to budget.
- Assists in the creation of the CCIP and makes revisions accordingly.
- Participates in acquiring competitive grants.
- Oversight and management of RtI Phase 4 services with outside vendors (formerly SES)
- Has knowledge of current Educational Reform Initiatives and processes; knowledge of strategic planning practices as well as cost/benefit analysis
- Works with ODE as needed.
- Develops and reviews project proposal or plan to determine feasibility, time frame, funding limitations and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. Presents proposed projects to the Federal Program’s Committee. Conveys project plan changes to project team members, and other appropriate personnel.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Attends grant readings as required.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to coordinate duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel within office to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conducts regular one-on-one and group meetings with staff to allow for two-way communication and coaching opportunities.
- Creates status reports prepared and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Confers with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Reviews and reconciles expenses charged to a federally funded program.
- Oversee the purchasing and tracking of teacher/student materials purchased with federal funds.
- Promote a supportive team environment with all project team members ensuring that work flows smoothly and efficiently between team members.
- Participate in high stakes testing as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned as deemed pertinent to the position or when required.
Minimum Training, Education, and Experience Required:
- Master’s in education or equivalent in business or related area. Minimum 3 years management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Training, Education, and Experience:
- Prior experience preferred.
- Must be technologically proficient in e-mail, Word, and Internet.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.