Director, Federal Funds
Responsible for ensuring the school’s federal funds are spent and managed according to all state and federal laws. Developing strategic activities to involve administrators, teachers, parents, and staff through the management of grants to ensure compliance of and aide ECOT in achieving the CCIP goals. Direct special projects for the superintendent and/or executive staff to include preparing for state and federal audits, preparing and monitoring budgets, monitoring the use of federal funds to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, responsible for documenting progress regarding goals, strategies, and action steps for the CCIP, OIP, and in the state systems of monitoring (entry in).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops budgets and goals for all grant programs, assigns activities associated with funding, monitors payroll, and reconciles actual spending to budget.
- Enters CCIP grant applications and planning tool and makes revisions accordingly. Works with Treasurer to upload approved budgets into USAS system.
- Researches and keeps abreast of federal and state laws and regulations (i.e., Elementary and Secondary Education Act, applicable state laws), and disseminates information to appropriate parties.
- Creates reports and documentation for auditors, management, Board, and federal, state and other representatives as needed.
- Represents ECOT at state and federal grant meetings and conferences.
- Reviews Purchase request forms and approves invoices, tuition reimbursement, professional development, and supplies for payment with federal funds
- Reviews contracts for compliance with ECOT policies and routes them to ECOT legal counsel and leadership for approval
- Works with Lake Erie West ESC and ODE as needed on corrective action or improvement plans.
- Prepares, distributes, and maintains Time and Effort documentation for federally funded employees.
- Create and monitor the economic survey to ensure most up to date FLICs information is on file for each student (task is also listed under program evaluation)
Directly supervises federal programs office staff and at times program evaluation staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s in education or equivalent in business or related area. Minimum 3 years management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with federal budgeting preferred.
Proven ability to effectively relate to people with a variety of educational backgrounds and communication skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and successfully complete a drug test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *Notice-ECOT prides itself on retaining Highly Qualified Teachers. ECOT will confirm licensure/certification information for each teacher applying for a position with ECOT.*