Posting Start Date: 6/26/13
Position Title: RecordsClerkI
Position Type: Operations
Position Location: Columbus Office
Position Days/Hours: M-F, Hours Vary
The primary function of the Records Clerk position is to accurately process all incoming and outgoing academic student records in a timely manner.
- Track, copy, and mail all incoming and outgoing student records to and from other schools, student families, and other legal institutions
- Send and follow requests for student records
- Prepare and mail out final transcripts
- Send out required documents to other schools
- Withdraw students from ECOT when necessary
- Communicate with other schools for records purposes and relationship building
- Maintain student records, both physical and digital, according to ODE and ECOT standards
- Practice organizational and office skills for activities including but not limited to filing, record maintenance, word processing, faxing and e-mail messaging
- Ability to work flexible hours and days during peak periods
- Work in file room as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Training, Education, and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree and/or one to two years’ experience preferred.
Preferred Training, Education, and Experience:
- Prior experience preferred.
- Must be technologically proficient in e-mail, Word, and Internet.
- Ability to meet deadlines without constant supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to type 45 wpm.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use all standard office equipment (fax, copier, printer, scanner).
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and successfully complete a drug test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. *Notice-ECOT prides itself on retaining Highly Qualified Teachers. ECOT will confirm licensure/certification information for each teacher applying for a position with ECOT.*