New Website coming in 2017!
JOIN A VERY SPECIAL GROUP TEACHING AT ECOT
When you become a teacher at ECOT, you get a great place to work—your home! Plus, you get more time to focus on the subject(s) you love to teach, and to work with students and parents in a positive and nurturing environment—their homes!
Because you’re working in a virtual environment you won’t experience many of the issues that teachers face in the traditional classroom, like discipline problems, study hall monitoring, recess duty, and others.
Besides competitive salaries, ECOT teachers enjoy many of the benefits of traditional classroom teachers, and teaching from home also means…
- Gas and other commuting costs are eliminated
- No dues or fair share fees; no contracts; no strikes
- Savings on wardrobe and dry-cleaning
- 10-month work schedule, with the option to work up to two sessions of summer school with a stipend
- Laptop computer and printer/scanner/copier, Broadband Internet, software, and business phone provided
- Travel reimbursement (teacher convocation, in-services, parent-teacher conferences, graduation, student testing, other meetings); overnight lodging for pre-approved events
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $1,000 per school year and substantial CEU opportunities and staff development
- 13 holidays and 2 summer months off, 12 sick leave days of which 3 may be used for personal business
- Pension through State Teachers Retirement System (STRS); vested after 5 years of service; 10% employee contribution; 14% employer contribution
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Deferred compensation program also available
- Enjoy high quality professional development and training
- Work collaboratively with peers and administrators to create curriculum that exceeds the standards and meets the individual students needs
- Work full-time and must work 7.5 hours per day and be available to meet their student’s needs
- Receive performance increases as well as additional stipends and a merit incentive
- Must travel several times during the school year for professional development and facilitating state standardized testing
- Enjoy participating in a comprehensive Wellness Program with incentives for attendance at a fitness facility
- Receive discounts from major retailers, including cell phones and data plans
ECOT isn’t for every student or every teacher. But if you want to be part of an innovative endeavor in educational excellence that’s larger than most school districts in Ohio, one that gives you flexibility and the freedom to concentrate on your teaching, please submit your resume HERE.
To be considered for a teaching job at ECOT, you must have:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Valid Ohio teaching license in your subject and grade level (Substitute license does not qualify)
- A minimum 512 kb/s Internet connection at Ohio residence
- Proficiency in basic computer applications including email, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Successful completion of criminal background check and drug test
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work from Ohio home residence
- Travel required several times during the school year, including overnight stays for development as required throughout the year